a March Challenge?
  • Since we are all still here (at least for now), how about a March Challenge?
  • Sounds good to me, what do you have in mind?
  • I'm a little ashamed of how many of the books on my shelf have no reviews from me (some because I've never gotten around to writing a review but many because I've never cooked from the book) ...and if I just browse the books generally, so many have no reviews. Maybe it would be fun to see how many books we could put in the "reviewed" column.
  • Sounds fun to me kateq. I've been trying to cook from some of mine that I haven't cooked from yet anyway.
  • What about a 'cover photo'-challenge? Try to cook the recipe featured on the cover of the book or magazine, and take a photo of the dish (and if possible, make the photo look a bit like the photo on cover). The upside is that everyone can participate, there's no need to buy a specific book (or any book at all), and that you can use every book you own, the downside is that in most cases, you can only make one dish per book.
  • How about we give two points for Friederike's cover-photo challenge and one point for other reviews from the books?
  • Kateq, great idea! I've certainly quit most of my food photography, yet its great fun. And I have my oven for at least another week!
  • Lets tag our recipes for this challenge: March 2014 challenge
  • good idea. I've done one or two and have found a cookie recipe (pictured on the back cover of an Alice Medrich book) that I'm going to make in the very near future.
  • I'm having my doubts about the cover dish part... I've looked at my cookbooks - surprisingly few actually have a dish on them, it's probably just one in three or one in four. One book I checked had a dish on the cover that isn't even published in the book!
  • I, too, was surprised to realize how many do not feature food on the cover. How could we have not noticed that before?
  • I just posted my first challenge review. I'm loving going though my cookbooks for this and finding tons of things I want (someday) to cook.

Search Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!