Sign in time?
  • Just got an email from someone who said the password remembering function is too short. Right now it's set at two weeks. I did this initially for a security reason, but I know other websites can have quite a bit longer that they save your password. Any thoughts about this? It's easy to set it for months or even longer. A site I use has it for two years. Would people like it to be much longer?
  • For me, I sign in all the time, so its not an issue. I guess one way to look at is -- is there a downside if passwords are remembered? I'm no expert on internet security, so I just don't know.
  • The only potential downside is if you're using a public computer to sign in and you don't log out afterwards. Then your account is live for anyone else who uses the computer and happens to go to Cookbooker. Though for security reasons you can't change your password or email address without re-entering your password, to prevent someone in such a situation from hijacking your account.

Otherwise, it's just convenience.

Search Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!