What is your favorite cookie recipe?
  • Hi Everyone-
    In one of the other posts Andrew mentioned a chocolate cookie bake-off. It made me think that I should get your thoughts on this one...For the past three years my work has a bake-off of some sort: chocolate desserts, cakes, pies. The next one, in February, is a cookie competition. I have practiced a few already but nothing that would win.

My question for you is: If you could enter only one cookie what would it be?

Please reference the cookbook, too. Then I will continue practicing!

Thanks-
    B
  • If you read my cookie bake-off article, you'll know that mine is the New York Times recipe, created by David Leite (http://www.cookbooker.com/articles/2010/04/30/the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies-in-the-world/). This is the one I'd enter if I had a cookie competition to enter. Now I wish I had a cookie competition to enter...
  • My very favorite cookie recipe (and this is so hard, because I love so many kinds, and so many recipes) has to be Maida Heatter's Petits Trianons. I make them more often than any other cookie, and they are simply perfect, perfect, perfect. They are French brownies. I often add 1/2 cup of finely chopped nuts to the recipe (walnuts, almonds, pecans or pistachios) and, to me, this makes them the best cookie possible, every time: moist, chocolatey, with a lightly crisp top, and pure flavors, nothing off whatsoever. Use the best chocolate you can. I often use Scharffen-Berger unsweetened.

Search Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!