What I'm Working on
  • This thread is so I can keep people up-to-date with what I'm working on for the site at any given time. I'll update it regularly as I move on to new projects.

October 2010
    Tags. Currently changing the default Bookshelf view to show tags associated with a member's books. Also making it easy to add tags to books. After this is working, I'll be adding tags to recipes. Then updating the search so that it's easy to search or filter by tags. Finally, when that's all working, I'll be looking at the best way to add ingredient lists to each recipe, which I think would be very useful to have.
  • Update: October 19th. I'm still working on tags. Tags are working well on the test site so far, but I don't want to launch tagging until you can actually do something with the tags (sorting, searching etc), so I'm working on that now. I'm still hopeful to have this up and running, at least in a basic form by the end of October.
  • What do you mean-add ingredient list to each recipe? Are you talking about the sample recipes for the challenge or are there other recipes on site?
  • Sorry @cadfael, I didn't notice your question when you responded. I meant that it would be great if we could add a list of ingredients to each recipe indexed on the site so you could search them more effectively. We don't have other recipes, but each time someone adds a recipe listing to the site (title, page number, rating), it would be nice to also put in principal ingredients or even a complete list of the ingredients.
  • Update: November 5. Tags are live now, and so is a much improved advanced search. You can add tags to any title in your bookshelf by double clicking in the tag area between the title and the rating stars. Advanced search is available by clicking 'Search' in the top menu on any page.

As usual, let me know of any bugs here on the forum.
  • Update: November 27th. I'm working on cover uploading right now. This will allow you to add scanned covers (or cover photos from a URL somewhere else) to books and magazines.

After this is up and running (in a couple of days, most likely), I'll get back to ingredients lists. I'm also getting going on improvements to adding titles to your bookshelf; I'm researching a way to add titles much more quickly. Both of these should be running in December.
  • Update: January 16th - okay, the few days for the cover uploading has stretched into January - the holiday season interfered, and it was a bit more complicated than I'd thought. It should be up this week however, all going well.

Search Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!