Searching My Cookbooks
  • What would be really great from this website would be to have the ability to search within the cookbooks in My Bookshelf. I would like to select one or more ingredients or key words and be able to find a recipe in the books that I own. Maybe this is possible already, but I can't figure it out...
    Is this possible?
  • I think the plan is that eventually this site will have all those features. As its set up now, you could add the titles and even the ingredients for all your recipes - then I believe you'd be able to search.
  • You can already search within the titles of all the indexed recipes in your cookbooks with "Search your bookshelf" on the home page. You can also search the tags of your books by clicking on them.
  • ArranJ said:

What would be really great from this website would be to have the ability to search within the cookbooks in My Bookshelf. I would like to select one or more ingredients or key words and be able to find a recipe in the books that I own. Maybe this is possible already, but I can't figure it out...
    Is this possible?

Hi ArranJ - as wester said above, you can search for anything which has already been entered into the cookbooks in your bookshelf - recipe titles and tags at the moment. There's a search box on the home page when you're logged in, as well as the main page of your bookshelf. However, Cookbooker doesn't have an index of all the recipes in each book unless our members have entered them, and we don't have an index of ingredients (yet).

Cookbooker's content is user-generated, so that does mean there can be gaps, especially if you own cookbooks which haven't been reviewed much by other members. Every review which is added helps fill in the gaps, of course.

You might want to look at Eat Your Books, if you're looking for a straight index of cookbooks - they're at: www.eatyourbooks.com. They're not free, but they do have complete indexes of many cookbooks.

Search Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!