what's the matter with the searchbox?
  • Since a few days weeks/weeks I have not been able to use the search box on the home page.
    Whereas before, I could easily search my own books or recipes, I now get "No Cookbook. Sorry, but there is no cookbook with this ID. Please use the Search to find recipes and cookbooks", even when I use a search term that I'm sure is there in both recipes and cookbooks (such as "fast"). If I use the "search" suggested in that page, I search everybody's cookbooks not my own.
    I can still search from my own bookshelf, but I still would like to know what's the matter here.
  • Its working OK for me. I just searched "grain" and it came up with both recipes and cookbooks.
  • I'm having the same difficulty as wester with this search function.

I'm also having a problem with links on the cookbooker challenge page......when I click on a recipe in the "recent reviews" column, I get the "404 not found" page. The links to the "recipes reviewed" column, the comprehensive list that's arranged alphabetically, do work.
  • I am still able to do a general search - e.g. desserts - brings up recipes and cookbooks. But I agree that the challenge page - the recipes of recently reviewed do not link up to the reviews.
  • Oops - sorry, I missed this discussion last week. I'll have a look today and see what I can find out. Odd that it's working for some people and not others.

I was doing some work on it to try to upgrade it, but I shouldn't have changed the current files...
  • Okay, both errors are fixed now. Thanks for flagging them!

I was trying to implement an 'auto-complete' function on the search box but was having problems getting it to work and postponed it until later. Unfortunately I neglected to remove some of the non-working code, which messed up the regular search. Every time you try to improve something, the odds of breaking something else go up!
  • Thank you @andrew, both for fixing the error and for the ongoing work on this site!
  • Both are working now for me.......thank you for fixing them.

Search Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!