Olive and Caper Results
  • I'm pleased (and a little sheepish at the lateness of this) to announce that members Cadfael and Southerncooker are the winners of the last challenge: Olive and Caper.

Thanks to everyone who reviewed from the book, and if you didn't, have a look at some of the lauded recipes - many are just right for the summer season that's rapidly approaching.
  • Congratulations to the winners....it was great fun cooking along with you and all of the other participants. Enjoy your new book!
  • Hurrah for the winners! A fun challenge--I'm still looking forward to cooking more recipes from the book...
  • Wow can't believe I won. I always have so much fun doing the cooking, and reviewing from the books chosen. I often cook things I wouldn't otherwise. I love that it opens me to new cuisines, ingredients and things I may have missed had I not participated. I love doing this and would do it even if there weren't prizes involved. I also love reading what everyone else chooses to cook and their thoughts on the recipes in the reviews. The pictures some folks share are always fun too. Congrats to Cadfael too and thanks to everyone who cooked along and shared their results and to Andrew for the best site around.
  • I really enjoyed cooking from Olive and Caper. Some dishes were very surprising, and I learned a lot. Thanks to all, and congrats SC and C.
  • Congrats to the winners! And thanks to all who've reviewed recipes. It's always useful to have lots of comments on recipes.
  • Wanted to let you all know I got my book from Andrew a couple days ago. I decided to choose Barefoot Contessa Foolproof. I've already started cooking from it and just last night made two recipes which were both great. Thanks Andrew!

I finally got the newest challenge book from the library (New York Times one) and for some reason I'm having a hard time finding recipes I want to try. I have picked out a couple and will maybe make one later today. This book is so big and heavy that it's actually hard to browse though at least for me. I'm sure there are some great recipes in it but to me it's almost overwhelming for some reason.
  • @southerncooker, it took me almost a year to read through Essential after Santa brought it. I cooked a few recipes after that, but am really enjoying getting back to it for this challenge. It's really full of yummy stuff and is becoming a favorite. The arrangement struck me as a bit odd, but I rather enjoyed the timeline effect in the end. It is vast, but worth the effort.
  • This book is a bit intimidating, and its a tough one to take to bed for casual reading. But what has gotten me hooked are the various time lines, and the historic aspects of this book. The recipes have mostly been very good, too. The other thing I love is an entire chapter is devoted to beverages! Cocktail recipes, coffee recipes, etc. I have not tried any yet, but I'm looking forward to it. That said, I'm packing up most of my kitchen in anticipation of a remodel, and I leave for China next week, so not much cooking time.
  • My goodness, I just picked this book up for the first time in a long while. There are still so many recipes I want to make! Back on the list with it.
  • Oh the memories! Yum - I look forward to your reviews.

Search Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!