Cookbooks on Kindle?
  • Does anyone buy and use cookbooks on Kindle? I suppose if you read on an tablet it might work, but can't imagine cooking from the Kindle.
    I've recently reread Supper of the Lamb on Kindle. It's interesting that you can mail yourself you list of "notes", highlighted text, and that includes page numbers in the real book.
    Might be interesting to print a recipe -- I suppose this can be done from a tablet, but I don't have one of those. Maybe it would work with the Kindle app for computers. I didn't enjoy reading from that at all, but maybe it has a use.
  • I sometimes use an iPad for cooking (and sometimes even my phone - yikes), but I cannot imagine using a Kindle. I often print recipes.
  • Print from Kindle or from iPad? I did a brief search for a print-from-kindle how-to, but didn't turn up anything. Maybe I need to buy myself a Kindle Fire next time they go on a good sale. Or better, I could reinstate the Kindle-for-computers app. Printing might be a good use for that.
  • Print from iPad (or phone), sorry (I don't own any cookbooks for Kindle).
  • Hi all. Been away too long. I'm happy to see that the place is still here and so are you all.

I love my Kindles and I now buy most of my cookbooks in Ebook format. I also get them in Ebook format from our county library system.

Therefore: the ebooks are viewable on my PC and in any of my Kindles. I have a very old Kindle Fire, a Paperwhite, a new Kindle Fire 10" tablet-like, plus I put all my ebooks and pdf's into free Calibre (which has a conversion feature, a library setup, a built-in reader, and other features.

I love to read in bed (that's how I knock myself out each night) and I read fiction, non-fiction, art books (watercolor), and cookbooks.

Some of the benefits for me: I can control size of letters/words. (So much easier for me to read.) Has own built-in light, so less disturbing snoring husband beside me. Less dust and mess...storage is a breeze.

As far as cooking from: storing my ebooks in Calibre, I can copy out any recipe, or print any. So printing is an option. Plus, my newest Kindle is large enough (and can be set in a cookbook holder OR I bought a special cover for mine that has a handle...so I can hang my biggest Kindle on something in my kitchen.) I love the things. :)

Search Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!